Thursday, March 3, 2011

Packing, Shots and Visas

So first of all I am in the midst of packing.  This actually isn't too bad, since we have been encouraged to only bring 3 changes of clothes and expect to wash while we are there.  This is my largest suitcase and it is FULL of supplies for the school.  Everyone is carrying 1 extra bag for this express purpose.  We all have a FULL extra bag for the school.  It is amazing!!  It may look like toys, but they are actually sensory items.


So of course another obstacle I have been dealing with is a horrible sinus infection that just "happened" to hit this week.  Now this is not too unusual for me, but Satan is obviously attacking me in light of me leaving this week.  So last night I went to the Urgent Care clinic and asked for a shot.  My MD will not give out meds for a sinus infection until 10 days - even though I am leaving!!  So after a 2 hour wait and a steroid and antibiotic shot - I am able to breath today.  PTL.

Also, please say a prayer about our visa situation.  There were 3 of us who just a week ago, late Wednesday, they asked for a copy of our marriage certificates.  Crazy I know, but apparently this is there perogative. So I was able to send mine on Thursday and another lady was able to send hers on Friday.  So needless to say, as of right now, we have 3 of the professionals and 1 student who do not have their visas.  AGGHH   Very frustrating, but am totally turning this over to the Lord.  (And possibly a "quick" trip to Houston to pick up any/all that might be ready today - or even in the morning).  So if you think about it, then any prayers would be greatly appreciated in regards to our visas!

Thanks for everyone's support.  I am super excited and cannot wait to update on my trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Mom very good job. Delaney I'm so proud of you. LOVE NANA